Showing source code in scaladoc

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Showing source code in scaladoc

John Simmons-2
I just tried scaladoc for the first time.  The "source" links at the top of the generated HTML pages point back to the HTML doc page itself, not to a page showing the source.  I tried the -linksource argument, with the same result.

Can anyone tell me how to get a link to the source, as appears in the API documentation on the Scala web site?

Thanks,
John



     
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Showing source code in scaladoc

Aaron Harnly-2-2
Hi John,

On Jun 18, 2008, at 3:53 PM, John Simmons wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to get a link to the source, as appears in  
> the API documentation on the Scala web site?

You might try David Bernard's lovely vscaladoc project, at http://code.google.com/p/vscaladoc/

It generates spiffy source listings, like this:
http://scala-tools.org/scaladocs/scala-library/2.7.1/Either.scala.html

~aaron





Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Showing source code in scaladoc

Geoffrey Alan Washburn-4
In reply to this post by John Simmons-2
John Simmons wrote:
> I just tried scaladoc for the first time.  The "source" links at the top of the generated HTML pages point back to the HTML doc page itself, not to a page showing the source.  I tried the -linksource argument, with the same result.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get a link to the source, as appears in the API documentation on the Scala web site?

Are you using IE?  This sounds like it might be related to

   http://lampsvn.epfl.ch/trac/scala/ticket/427

I have been unable to get IE to allow me to debug the JavaScript, so if
someone can figure out how it should be rewritten, please let us know.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Showing source code in scaladoc

John Simmons-2
--- On Thu, 6/19/08, Geoffrey Alan Washburn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> From: Geoffrey Alan Washburn <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [scala-user]  Re: Showing source code in scaladoc
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 3:32 AM
> John Simmons wrote:
> > I just tried scaladoc for the first time.  The
> "source" links at the top of the generated HTML
> pages point back to the HTML doc page itself, not to a page
> showing the source.  I tried the -linksource argument, with
> the same result.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to get a link to the source, as
> appears in the API documentation on the Scala web site?
>
> Are you using IE?  This sounds like it might be related to
>
>    http://lampsvn.epfl.ch/trac/scala/ticket/427
>
> I have been unable to get IE to allow me to debug the
> JavaScript, so if
> someone can figure out how it should be rewritten, please
> let us know.

Actually, I'm using Firefox.  I have not tried it in IE, but that should not be the issue here.  When I view the online scaladoc on the Scala web site, it shows the source links.  But the scaladoc that I generated for my code on my own machine shows self-links back to the web page instead of proper links to the source.  I tried the -sourcepath and -linksource options on the scaladoc command line, but it made no difference.

John